• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying 10 ton markings / history

tcody

Help identifying USAF 10 ton truck markings / history

Can anyone tell me more about these markings? Door of the truck reads 86X09850. Other area reads 87L 790 US Air Force
Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

chaplain

obviously the truck is usaf and should be a 1987 model. the 790 is the completion of the inventory number 87L790. I would assume that the 86 number series is an inventory number too but maybe a replaced part like a fender etc. just a guess as to why they don't correspond but definitly inventory numbers

tcody

obviously the truck is usaf and should be a 1987 model. The 790 is the completion of the inventory number 87l790. I would assume that the 86 number series is an inventory number too but maybe a replaced part like a fender etc. Just a guess as to why they don't correspond but definitly inventory numbers
many thanks!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed with chaplain. The 87 or first two digits are the year that the item was brought into Air Force inventory. It may not correspond with the year of mfg.