• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help identifying axle

BarobbinFL

Hello all, I need some help identifying an axle that I need to replace at work. There is no identifying placard and very few numbers. It’s the rear axle out of a gvm cab and chassis. Planetary with a 16 bolt diff. Please see attached photos. Thanks7964A99F-D738-4C64-BE1C-9D2E07DFA318.jpegD8361950-5650-446F-8F8A-3398022E3AE2.jpeg7A36A630-E3FE-4259-BA22-E80663EBC993.jpeg8D2095A8-E9F6-4546-A7F9-5DC14F231CE9.jpeg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it's a Rockwell. What is a gvm. Does this have sand color paint on it meaning it was transplanted from a MRAP derivative?

BarobbinFL

Well it's a Rockwell. What is a gvm. Does this have sand color paint on it meaning it was transplanted from a MRAP derivative?
a gvm is an industrial farm Equipement manufacturer. We purchased this cab and chassis from them a long time ago and mounted a spreader body on the back. It does not have any tan paint as far as I can tell so this may have been straight from Rockwell

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh that helps. Since GVM is still in business, send them the VIN and they should be able to help you with the original info on the axle. It’s not a military axle. You may need to find a junkyard that specializes in ag equipment. I used to maintain a Terragator fertilizer spreader with a similar axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks