• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help ID'ing a deuce

AK_M1028

I found this for sale close to me (close is a fairly vague concept here in Alaska). I contacted the seller trying to find year and model #, but he did not have much info. He stated the year was unknown and the model was "TROOP CARRIER". Can anyone give me a clue as to the year and model from these pictures? The seller said it has 12,000 miles. Where would a data plate be located on it? Maybe I can ask the seller to look at it to give me some more info. It is about a 7 hour drive from me to look at it and this is the first deuce if even thought about purchasing so I'm pretty uninformed. Thanks.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Help ID

Looks like a typical M35A2 wo/w. Data plate is above the glove compartment in the cab. The numbers from that should help determine what you have there.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

I don't know that a year and model# are really that important. Does he say it runs and stops?

FreightTrain

Banned

Personally,I would steer WELL clear of it unless it was DIRT cheap.Logging trucks scare teh crap outta me.Those things get beat beyond imagine!

acetomatoco

Probably a 71 or so with a turbo from the stack size. Looks pretty straight and if a runner and a stopper and not much rust would be in the buy range of $2500