• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP! M35A2 transfer case locked up!?

LanceRobson

We've been driving the deuce we're planning on taking to Aberdeen to find and get rid of any bugs.

An hour ago the truck acted like a brake was frozen when it started to move from a parking spot. The truck began to move only very reluctantly and as soon as the clutch was stepped on it rolled back a few inches like it was "unwinding" Then we backed it up a few feet to see if it would move in reverse and it backed OK.

We then shifted into neutral at both transfer and the transmission. The drive shaft from the transmission to the transfer case would not turn until the transfer shift lever was cycled from high to low a few times.

Now it will not shift out of neutral transfer and into either high or low.

I haven't had time yet to look in the TM for the deuce. I think I have the parts TM for the transfer case out in the shop but do not have a repair TM for the transfer case.

It's an air shift transfer case, if that changes anything. It still seems to engage and disengage the front axle correctly.

Fortunately it's only 4 miles from home and out of the way in a parking lot. We're going back to tow bar it back to the farm.

Any advice or directions to an archived transfer case TM would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lance

Blood_of_Tyrants

If it were and old three on the tree tranny, I would say that worn linkage had allowed you to jam it in two gears at once. As it is, I would bet that your linkage inside the transfer case has slipped off the detent and allowed the gears to get stuck halfway between neutral and high or low.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks