• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help me find a Deuce

Aknoll007

Newbie here seeking out a duece for a good deal. I am located near detroit mi, would like to get one around the midwest and be able to drive it home. I would like a turbo and maybe a winch. please help me find one.

Opie

There's a fellow named Erich Alsbaugh in Lancaster, OH who has three running deuces for good prices. His web page is [updated] http://www.miltrucks.com/ . I bought my M109A3 shop van from him last Christmas and it has run well for me.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
opie, that website is no good, do you have an updated link? Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
thanks bomar

Aknoll007

Saw his site liked #3, Just don't want to pay to much. I sketchy about bidding on GL due to the Buyer load stuff and hard to see the vehicle and test out. Is Erich pretty good on prices. Don't want to pay too much. Thanks guys for the info please continue to feed my brain.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the classifieds on this site, lower right corner of the main page. Saw a couple of ones for sale in ohio and michigan.

Last edited:

Opie

Well, here's how I looked at it. I was buying from a private collector who'd had the thing out on the road and felt that everything worked. I'd love to go to a GL auction and pay $800 for a running truck like some have, but short of scrap vehicles or those in Hawaii or Guam that doesn't seem possible anymore.

Most of my nursing school classmates have gone out and bought new Expeditions or Avalanches for tens of thousands of dollars, so in my mind I'm ahead. I've paid less than $4,000 for a truck that will take me about anywhere (slowwwwwly), has a certain 'cool' factor, is made in the USA, and is recycled' in a sense.

Just look at it like I do - I'm able to carry more cargo than the guy with the shiny Hummer H2, namely the $80,000 I DIDN'T spend on my vehicle... :D

bomar76

I just bought some small items from him, so had his site handy.

Roger in London Ohio had several good trucks on his lot last time I was there....if you want his # let me know.
It's where Bajapower and I got ours, and Stretch's came from him too.

Aknoll007

I'm interested in rogers # will probably make a trip to Ohio this weekend might have to check out Rogers stuff and Erich and pick the one I like. Not sure if there located close enough to each other or not to make it in one day and drive the truck back. Would be a fun adventure though.

bomar76

Roger is located at the intersection of Rts 42 and 40, just NE of London Ohio and south of I-70.
His # is 937-231-4592...tell him Joe from Marysville sent ya.
Here is his truck lot, he was way down on inventory whenever this pic was taken: