• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Me identify what this is i purchased ?

purchased this at a public auction. They had one bad photo and I couldn't tell what it was but i bid on it anyway. It says cable reeling machine on the tag. it does not have a nsn number tag on it. 2 cylinder continental engine. fuel smells like turpentine. looks like new/unused. engine turns over. I know it reels in cable, but what kind/type cable? phone wire? service power cable? fiber optic cable? catv cable? does anybody have any experience using one of these? Does it have any other uses? any info would be great. thanks in advance.
https://imgur.com/hBy8xIu

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The RL-207(*)/G is an engine-driven reel unit used with the 1¼ ton, 4X4 Cargo Truck M880/M-1008 or any larger vehicle to pay out or recover field wire or spiral-four cable. As many as four separate field wires may be recovered at the same time: two field wire lines from Wire Reels RL-159/U, or two spiral-four cables from Reels DR-15-B or DR-5.

The RL-207(*)/G is an engine-driven reel unit used with the 1¼ ton, 4X4 Cargo Truck M880/M-1008 or any larger vehicle to pay out or recover field wire or spiral-four cable. As many as four separate field wires may be recovered at the same time: two field wire lines from Wire Reels RL-159/U, or two spiral-four cables from Reels DR-15-B or DR-5.

Thank you very much. if I can ever do anything for you let me know. i have info on welders and welding equipment.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much. if I can ever do anything for you let me know. i have info on welders and welding equipment.
no worries. I was lucky and found it with a quick search of the model number. Often times nothing comes up with just the model number, or lots of unrelated things, but this time was good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks