• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with 24V Starter

testpilot94539

Folks,

A while back I got my first M-1009 CUCV (an 86)and it had a bad isolated ground alternator. After searching the forum I came up with a WIlson part number and was able to obtain the alternator at Napa Auto Parts.

Now I have a 2nd M-1009 CUCV, an 85. I have been fixing it up but the starter went out today. As I recall, somewhere here or in a site linked from here someone had posted pics of the part numbers for both the isolated ground alternator and the 24V starter. Both of these parts were Wilson parts. Does anyone remember where?

If not, can anyone reference a source/part number? I have the Roscommon instructions to convert the system to 12V, but do not have time now, so I would simply like to obtain and replace the current 24V starter.

Any other ideas/links/references are welcome.

Thanks,

Fritz

acetomatoco

Don't know what Wilson is, but any good starter/alternator shop will isolate the ground on a civvy alt for about 30 bux...and fix your starter too... ACE

testpilot94539

Ace,
Wilson is a Canadian parts supplier of alternators and starters. They have a lot of parts for older and specialty vehicles, and they sell through Napa.
Magnus,
Thanks for that link. They have exactly what you said, and I ordered a couple, as well as a couple of fuel filters. Im going to try and find the part number for the Wilson part, if one exists,and when I do I'll post it.
Fritz

testpilot94539

Folks,

With a little research, I found the Wilson P/N for the 24V starter: Its 91-01-4376. I decided to convert the vehicle to 12V using the Roscommon conversion listed on this site and it is fairly easy to do. I have ordered a couple of starters from OD Iron since I have a second CUCV thats 24V. (and plan to leave it that way for a time)

Fritz

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks