• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with CUCV block heater

ShakeNBake1916

Hello all, brand new CUCV owner here. Being a northern MN resident, I pretty much have to put a block heater in my truck, so i was wondering what would be the best way to go about this? A guy told me that my best bet was to put a KAT block heater in, which I could keep plugged in all night and have no problems with it. Is this the best option, or are there better alternatives, and how would I do this installation. Any help would be greatly, and I mean greatly, appreciated.
Thanks!

cucvrus

GM still makes a block heater for the 6.2 diesel engine. I don't have the GM part number at my finger tips but it will require removing one of the freeze plugs/expansion plugs from the block. I always remove the left center one and install the block heater in that hole. It works well and I have been using it on a few snow plow trucks the past 20 years. it plugs into a standard 11oV outlet and I let the temp on high/hot and the lever in the defrost. It kept the glass clean also. Not completely but easier then with out. The trucks glow about 30 seconds and fire right up. Hope that helps. Have a great day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks