• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with unit numbers?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you need to show us the markings then. The NGxxxx is the US Army registration number, which is somewhat equivalent to a license plate number on a civilian vehicle.

Guyfang

Staff member
Well you need to show us the markings then. The NGxxxx is the US Army registration number, which is somewhat equivalent to a license plate number on a civilian vehicle.
As noted, that is simply the Military version of a US Army registration number. Nothing more. It gives you no info about Unit or Organization info. That sort of thing will be on the front and rear of the truck.

RJTM998

As noted, that is simply the Military version of a US Army registration number. Nothing more. It gives you no info about Unit or Organization info. That sort of thing will be on the front and rear of the truck.
That was demilled off when I got it. Thanks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was demilled off when I got it. Thanks
You would mess up your paint (and your truck looks clean from the pic), but you could sand down the tailgate to see if any unit markings are there under the layers. I have also seen unit markings on the hood. I bet they are there. It all depends upon how far you want to go to figure out where your truck was. Personally, I like to know that info, but I would not disturb fresh paint to find that information out. My $.02.

RJTM998

You would mess up your paint (and your truck looks clean from the pic), but you could sand down the tailgate to see if any unit markings are there under the layers. I have also seen unit markings on the hood. I bet they are there. It all depends upon how far you want to go to figure out where your truck was. Personally, I like to know that info, but I would not disturb fresh paint to find that information out. My $.02.
Yea, I am not doing that. Mine is in really nice condition and don't want to mess up the paint.