• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with wiper arm and blade setting

goatijoe

i recently got a a2 with the upgraded motor and arms and all that that came from a a3 the military upgraded them and i can not get the blades to stop hitting the outer frame does any one have any help with this and i also when i flip the windshild up for the air flow i have to put the drivers side up first becuse of the blade hanging off unless i cycle the arm and unplug it mid stroke but then its tough to get all the way up frm the bind on the linkage does any one have any helpful pointers to set the linkage and the arm and blade placement with this any help would be much ablidged

Troll1216

IF it is just the blade, ty a shorter blade. I did a civy wiper swap and never looked back. As much as I want to keep it GI, I want a safe truck and in FL and wipers are very important.

OverSizeHeavyHauler

I too think the wiper arm swap is a fanstastic idea. On big trucks, their on a splined shaft, an on a car or pickem up, they usually have the clip to hold im tight. I wanna do the civvie swap and just use like 18" or 16" blades. But then again, I still swappin all my glass to tempered auto safety glass...

stumps

i recently got a a2 with the upgraded motor and arms and all that that came from a a3 the military upgraded them and i can not get the blades to stop hitting the outer frame does any one have any help with this and i also when i flip the windshild up for the air flow i have to put the drivers side up first becuse of the blade hanging off unless i cycle the arm and unplug it mid stroke but then its tough to get all the way up frm the bind on the linkage does any one have any helpful pointers to set the linkage and the arm and blade placement with this any help would be much ablidged
To set the blade linkage, unbolt the ball end from the wiper lever, and rotate the ball end so that the screw thread shortens or lengthens the actuator rod as necessary.

Also, when you mount the blade to the wiper arm, rotate it slightly so that the blade tip is to the right of the wiper arm, not directly underneath it. That will keep it from binding up with the wiper arm.

-Chuck

stumps

There isn't much point in converting the deuce's Electric Wiper kit to a civy wiper... it already is a civy wiper blade. It is a 13 or 14 inch heavy duty wiper blade as is used on Peterbilt and Kenworth tractors... The blades are readily available at NAPA. The part number is NAPA 60-1451 for the 14 inch blade.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks