• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help

Boat Boy

Hi guys, i have a 1977 NHC 250 made in Britain, im looking for a mechanically driven tachometer sending unit that is driven from the fuel pump, or at least the part number. I have looked in the parts manual i got from here but unfortunately it wasnt in it. As far as im aware this engine came out of a civvy truck not a military one. I havent had any joy with Cummins UK as they moved factories in 2000 and all the data they had on engines of that era has possibly been destroyed. Also if anybody has a photo of said item im looking for i would be very grateful if they could post it.

I have spent countless hours trawling the internet with no success trying to locate even the most basic info on the engine. If its any help the engine number is 23140203. The engine i have is in a 1946 former customs vessel from London, and when i figure out how to post photos of her i will.

May i also take this opportunity to say i am saddened to hear of the loss of your Chaplain whom i believe was a very well liked man, and that my thoughts are with those of you who knew him and his family.

Best Regards

Paul

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you are needing the little gear that is inside the fuel pump right? its just a common gear and it shouldnt be to hard to locate. i know some members have overhauled some and might know of a place to get the parts. i have a spare fuel pump but that one is missing that gear too. mitchelracing from AL or GA did some overhauls lately and he know that pump really well. i am sure someone here has a spare that can part with it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks