• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helpful Hint Driver Side Alternator

mijon

Just wanted to give back some information. Everyone on this website has been very helpful/ patient towards my unique set of questions. I use my truck as a daily work truck for my Lawncare/ Snowplowing business. I had my driver side alternator go bad on me last year while plowing (fried positive connection blew it outside of alternator). I was in a bit of a bind at the time and needed a quick fix. I looked up the wiki and found that there was a 78 amp Alternator for a replacement. The alternator worked fine for about 4 plows. Then I started to here a earth shattering screeching sound ( alternator wasn't strong enough rejuvenate batteries because of the high pull of electricity it takes from the plow that I have). Make a long story short, I thought there was something else wrong with the truck and after a long diagnosis followed by helpful hints I received on here, I figured out that the Alternator from AutoZone 78 amp was basically **** for my use. Conclusion to story is, if your planning on using a lot of accessory juice for your CUCV get the Alternator Rebuilt. Don't spend the $140.00 or whatever it was for a crap 78 amp for a temporary fix (unless in bind). Or just buy a used set and have them rebuilt for around $90.00 (what I did).

Thanks again for all the information and help I have received. Great website!!

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks