• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helping a brother out

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Fellow member alanb scored an M101 trailer a few weeks back and drove his deuce up here from Florida to get it. He arrived yesterday (2/20/14) and since I was committed (or should be committed) to a previous engagement he got to hang around while my son and I attended a Yellowhammer Filmmaker meeting. We were premiering a short film we shot last December and a trailer for a zombie movie that we shot last Sunday.
After the show Alan came up to the Funny Farm and camped out. He popped smoke early this morning, made the trip to Redstone, claimed his prize and was on the way back to Florida by early afternoon. I had some film related meetings and could not make it up to Redstone to preview some stuff up there.
It's always nice to meet a fellow member and I was glad to assist in the recovery if only from the sidelines.
Here are some pics.

IMG_5173.jpgIMG_5168.jpgIMG_5167.jpgIMG_5162.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Who is the dorky lookin fella in the khakis? LAst I heard he changed filters and was moving pretty good. Did you hear if he made it home ok?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does nobody else find it even slightly disturbing that Richard keeps farm animals in the house? I mean with all of the past dealings with the possum and all...:whistle:

Kloakndagr

That's funny, I had a "rescue" goat with three legs. He was supposed to be put down the next morning. My ex wanted him to stay with us one more night so that at least he would have a happy day before the SPCA put him down. Strange thing, the next morning she "forgot" to take him to work so they could put him down. Well I took him outside and we had a nice long talk about survival of the fittest. I told him if he wanted to live, he better start walking on his own, guess what he got up and walked. I videotaped this and sent it to her and the SPCA said if I wanted to care for him we could see what happens. Long story short, he lived a very happy life (spoiled) with three legs. A vet took a liking to him and she adopted him, he slept inside her house. She called the first night he stayed there and she told me that he doesn't like being outside. I told her -- btw he's a liberal, he watches CNN. No kidding, I would leave the tv on for him and he'd watch the news. She just laughed her butt off. Anyways....RIP Cletus, hide-n-seek was always fun.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Those are his carnal toys!
A classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. We still remember the abuse you heaped upon poor Elmo at a previous SS GA Rally. You possum porking fiend!!!!!!

LAst I heard he changed filters and was moving pretty good. Did you hear if he made it home ok?
I haven't heard from him and I got wrapped around the axle today doing other stuff and forgot to call him. I hope he made it back OK. I gave him an injector line off a scrap engine I had in a storage trailer since he had a leaking one.

Last edited:

alanb

Sorry bout not getting back in making my trip debriefing. Made it home with the entire right side of the truck coated with fuel. After changing filters it ran 55-56 all the way home. Left around 1530 Friday drove straight thru, arrived 0548 next morning. Wife woke me up at 0800 to get one of our units (rentals) ready for tenants. Passed out around 2000. Today, in-laws in town. Wreckerman, can't thank you enough for your hospitality and help. Anything you need, just ask. Gimpyrob, appreciate all the advice in trouble shooting. Will be getting with you on those filters.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks