• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMMT Fluid Specs

Augdog1964

Getting ready to do fluids on the HEMMTT...

Have Rotella T and/or Valvoline Blue for the engine... forget which...

But what do we need to put in the Tranny due to the wrong use of another fluid?

Mine came out of Texas... reportedly they were using the wrong fluids.

Thanks!

JDToumanian

For the transmission I used Allison's TranSynd TES-295, basically a red colored full synthetic ATF. Heavy truck dealerships sell it, I got mine at a Freightliner dealer, it was the best price I found at about $43 a gallon.

I would have liked to flush out the old transmission oil from the torque converter, hoses, and oil cooler... By removing the return line from the oil cooler which gets hot oil right out of the TC, and then starting the engine and letting it pump into a bucket until clean red oil came through, but pressed for time on the recovery trip in Louisiana and looking at how hard the hoses were to reach, I didn't do it. So I'm going to change my trans oil again soon.

The most important things about the engine oil are that it should be CF-2 rated for 2-strokes (not CJ-4 or whatever the current rating is for 4-stroke oils) and be straight 40 weight. Most popular brands offer it, Chevron DELO, Shell Rotella, Texaco Ursa, Valvoline, etc... but it's not on the shelf around here... Available by special order only.

Jon

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks