• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT PCV setup

Augdog1964

Hey guys...

Well my HEMTT showed yesterday... M985... what an ordeal on EUC!

Besides some body dings and dents and a few paint needs, she looks pretty good...

I do have one question... it appears that there is a hose out of the top of both manifolds, that wraps down around the engine... and may go back up to the other manifold top on the other side of the engine.

I imagine this is the PCV... it appears that the hose may have been broken at the bottom as this should be a closed loop correct?

Or do these hoses attach to something like a catch can? Any idea where I can get this hose or assembly?

Also need the two sheet metal covers for the inside, between driver and passenger... that cover the switches etc.

Thanks!

JDToumanian

Those are just "road draft tubes", or crankcase vents if you prefer. They are supposed to be open, one hose to each valve cover. You should never really see anything coming out of them... Even a clapped out old Detroit will not generally show blowby there. The reason is that if combustion pressure is leaking past the rings, it does not make it to the crankcase... It ends up blowing back through the cylinder ports into the air box. When Detroits are clapped out, they let you know with oil slobber out the air box drains. A little is normal, a lot means overhaul time.

Jon

Last edited:

JDToumanian

Congratulations by the way... My EUC cleared yesterday, so my HEMTT recovery trip is coming up next week!

Jon

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks