• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hercules Multifuel 6 cylinder

rdrodgers

I have a Hercules 6 cylinder multifuel engine I need a few questions answered. If this isn't the correct place let me know and I will move it.

I need to know what injection pump is needed for this engine since the engine is missing the pump. I have all the lines from the pump to the injectors, but not sure what pump to get.

Also, some help with the bell housing bolt pattern. Is it an SAE style bolt pattern and if so, which one? The studs in the bell housing are not all equal distant apart.

I will have more questions I'm sure as time goes on. Thanks for any help or pointing in the direction to go. Roy

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok that is a LDT-465-1D engine, one of the last made in the 1980’s. You can place a want ad for the injection pump here on this site or call around to some of the site advertisers for help with the pump you need. If you need the actual part number for the pump, you can reference the -20P Technical Manual for the engine here on this site. Most everyone can quote the injection pump without the part number. Be aware that you have a takeout engine and there could be lots wrong with it. The Army didn’t pull it out of a truck just for fun. I forget the SAE number but I think it’s #3, you can measure the diameter and Google it.

rdrodgers

I appreciate the relies. This was supposed to be a running engine. The inside from what I can see is immaculately clean. But sounds like I need to open it up to make sure there is nothing wrong. If there is something wrong, then not sure what I will do with it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, some help with the bell housing bolt pattern. Is it an SAE style bolt pattern and if so, which one? The studs in the bell housing are not all equal distant apart.
The bellhousing itself is an odd bolt pattern, specific for the 2-1/2ton Multifuel engines. But then the adapter ring reduces it to a std SAE#3, confirmed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks