• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here is a strange question.. Could one mount a M105 trailer bed to a MK-16 trailer?

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like the MK-48 but it's too **** long with any of the reg trailers and I know you can't drive it without a trailer other than yard movement. I was wondering if you removed the fifth wheel mount from the MK-16 it looks like with a bit of fab work you could mount the M105 bed to it or a modified standard Deuce bed much like what has been done with the Bobbed Deuce. Any comments?

Mark

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I put a M105 bed on my "SEMTT".

It looked horrible IMO.

You could however take a M35/5 ton bed and cut it down length wise and install it.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

Thanks for replying as you are the man when it comes to modifications. Yes I remember that pic and you are right it did not look good. But since the MK17 is a short trailer anyway a cut down M35A2 bed might look right and you keep the shortest configuration possible for the MK setup. One could even haul people back there as they do in the MK-17 but five feet shorter.

Mark

Last edited: