• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HETT arrival at Taylor Trading Co.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
YesterdaY I went over to Ringgold, GA and helped Derek (Taylortradingco) unload some HETTs he is brokering for a fellow member here on SS.
There was a secondary mission of getting an M931 to crank that he recently bought and was having issues with. We worked on it all day and I used every trick I know about cranking the 8.3 Cummins but Murphy prevailed and we could not get her to stay running.
The first truck showed up in the AM and after slaving it off I unloaded it off the trailer with no issues.
The second truck arrived much later and Derek and I were both whipped from working on ghe M931 in the heat all day. It needed slaving also and Murphy was not through with us yet. We had slaved the first one off with Dereks gasser International wrecker but the second truck proved to be more ornery. We had to slave off the first HETT again and attempt use it to crank the one on the trailer. It still would not crank but by a stroke of luck there was enough air in the system to release the brakes. There was also just enough of a slant on the trailer so that the truck rolled. I "armstrong" steered it off the trailer and out of the path the trucker needed to rehook the RGN trailer.
I still have my reservations about the HETT but if I had the spare money I would consider owning one for S&G's.IMG_4367.jpgIMG_4368.jpgIMG_4369.jpgIMG_4370.jpgIMG_4371.jpg

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful beasts... and good job, you two!! If I had enough spare-$$$ I would buy at least two of them... plus the corresponding M1000 trailers!:wink:

Now, where is Elmo...?

G.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Now, where is Elmo...?
Elmo and Ellie Mae were with me but somehow they slipped out of the truck and went "boondocking" so I didn't get any possum pics on the HETTs. They finally showed back up just before I was ready to leave and Elmo had a gleam in his eye so I guess at least the possums had a good time in the heat (maybe Ellie Mae was in heat).