• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey, Bjorn! Help!

dabtl

The new M35 has not one light working. I have put new grounds front and rear marker lights today.

Looking at the wiring diagram, I think I should start on wire 15 leading into the light switch to see if it is hot. Then go from there. Your thoughts?

PS: I need another of the turn signal flasher circuits you make. The last is working wonderfully and the new M35 is jealous. 8)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, wire #15 is a good starting point, it feeds the light switch, so if there is power on it and no lights, it would seem that the light switch is malfunctioning....

I can make you another relay unit, but it may take a while since I get the mil spec parts from ebay. Glad you are happy with it, it's pretty basic.

dabtl

Re: RE: Hey, Bjorn! Help!

cranetruck said:
Yes, wire #15 is a good starting point, it feeds the light switch, so if there is power on it and no lights, it would seem that the light switch is malfunctioning....

I can make you another relay unit, but it may take a while since I get the mil spec parts from ebay. Glad you are happy with it, it's pretty basic.
Works like a champ. If it gets here by Christmas, I will be a happy camper. Back soon.

dabtl

Circuit 15 shows 23 volts to the switch. New switch arrives next week.

In the mean time, I am cleaning all the grounds and replacing bulbs and light fixtures as needed.

I have found the pig tail to the trailer receiver is cut. The receiver seems to be in parallel with the rest of the loom so it should not effect the truck lights?

dabtl

At Norman, Oklahoma, a week ago. A new light switch by Friday and it should be good to go. In the coming weeks I will replace the rear frame crossmember put one new front boot on and possibly replace a rear seal. The tires appear fairly new, the cargo cover is new, the winch has recently been serviced and it appears to have had the bearings and seals inspected and repaired recently as well. I cannot tell if some oil on one of the rear wheels is fresh sign of a leak or not. So, I washed it yesterday. Time will tell.

Attachments

dabtl

OK, the headlight switch was bad. Replaced.

No turn or flasher lights working. I have power going into the flasher from the turn signal. I suspect a defective flasher, now.

I will check it tomorrow by replacing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks