• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey guys! New member here after just buying a 925A1 with a few questions.

GRATIOFLASH

First off, I've enjoyed the forum here, and learned a lot after just a few weeks. I had a buddy buy an M35A3, and knew that I had to have one. Well, I might have a touch of the ole Napoleonic Complex, and I had to outdo him. I got to researching 5 tons, and checked out Craigslist to see what they were going for, how available they were,etc., in my area. I found an 08 rebuild, with trailer for a dang good price, and just couldn't pass it up. I bought this truck, without ever having driven one or worked on one. I farm, so I've been around and worked on tractors, combines, cotton pickers, semis, trackhoes, etc., my whole life, so I'm not fearful of operating/maintaining the truck. The truck drove great on the way home. I had about a 300 mile drive, part of the way through St Louis by the way, that was pleasant, but LOUD. Everything worked as it should, and I had zero problems for several weeks. On July 4th, my son and I were out cruising, and the truck just shutoff by itself. I restarted it, and it ran great, until I reached 2000 rpms on takeoff. Now, when the engine reaches 2000 rpms, it shuts down like clockwork. I can't figure it out. At first I figured it must be a fuel problem, but it runs fine if I don't reach 2000 rpms. It had a new fuel filter on it when I bought it. I checked the oil and coolant, and it's fine. I figure it's a safety shutdown. Probably something that you guys know about. Your help is greatly appreciated.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:cookoo:Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy!:cookoo: Never heard that particular issue and I'm assuming that your truck has the 250 Cummins in it. My first thought would be a fuel constriction issue where there is a clog that moves once there is sufficient suction to move it enough to block the fuel flow. Have you changed the fuel filter? If it has the NTC-250 it prob has the big filter canister mounted on the frame rail on the driver's side and that filter is pricey. Another of the "usual suspects" is an air leak that only starts sucking when the fuel demand is high. If the truck has the 8.3 Cummins there could be an electrical issue with the fuel shutoff solenoid being activated for some reason (grimlins). That's all I got.

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers.... Sorry to not have any answers for your A3 but that's one reason why I stuck with the A2.... Everytime I think of a problem on a A3, I get a headache of the constant "cha-ching" ring in my ears...

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to steel soldiers.... Sorry to not have any answers for your A3 but that's one reason why I stuck with the A2.... Everytime I think of a problem on a A3, I get a headache of the constant "cha-ching" ring in my ears...
He doesn't have an M35A3, he bought an M925A1. Totally different animal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks