• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from ETexas

Corvenik

I just purchased a M1101 from a private party no title , and boy were people not kidding about registration being a pita, the 2 offices I went to want me to get a inspection for it just to get the registration , it's kinda dumb because I have to drive a trailer that's unregistered to an inspection site , so dumb lol anyways i cant wait to be able to get some great use outta this bad boy1000010562.jpg

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just purchased a M1101 from a private party no title , and boy were people not kidding about registration being a pita, the 2 offices I went to want me to get a inspection for it just to get the registration , it's kinda dumb because I have to drive a trailer that's unregistered to an inspection site , so dumb lol anyways i cant wait to be able to get some great use outta this bad boyView attachment 930091
Nice looking unit.

Hmmm. Looking at the requirements for title and/or registration for a Texas trailer I see a requirement for proof of insurance, though not inspection. Trailers under 4,000# gross weight do not require a title—

dr3d

I just purchased a M1101 from a private party no title , and boy were people not kidding about registration being a pita, the 2 offices I went to want me to get a inspection for it just to get the registration , it's kinda dumb because I have to drive a trailer that's unregistered to an inspection site , so dumb lol anyways i cant wait to be able to get some great use outta this bad boyView attachment 930091
Hmmm ...

If you are willing to tag it, go to a different tax office. Tell'm you have a little home built trailer you want to register. So, you are skipping the military vehicle conversation entirely.

If this gives you pause ... looking at your tow vehicle, I'm betting you "did" build it from parts. Looks like you used at least 2 parts - the coupler and the rolling chassis.

Might be harder in E Texas since you may be stuck with a single tax office in your county. Probably easier here in the shadow of Houston.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Corvenik

Nice looking unit.

Hmmm. Looking at the requirements for title and/or registration for a Texas trailer I see a requirement for proof of insurance, though not inspection. Trailers under 4,000# gross weight do not require a title—
Thank and yeah but they apparently want me to either get a bonded title, because previous owner did not register or get the title and used it as a farm

Show trailer after he purchased it from govplanet so since it hasn't been registered since it was gotten from the auction , in order for me to get a registration they want an "inspection" to make sure it isn't stolen or get a bonded title which they want it "weighed" even though it's under 3k pounds and some form filled out which seems I require an inspection anyways . Even though I stated it's under 3k and just want to register it and get plates but they just think it's stolen or something it has the serial plate on it with the "vin"

Corvenik

Hmmm ...

If you are willing to tag it, go to a different tax office. Tell'm you have a little home built trailer you want to register. So, you are skipping the military vehicle conversation entirely.

If this gives you pause ... looking at your tow vehicle, I'm betting you "did" build it from parts. Looks like you used at least 2 parts - the coupler and the rolling chassis.

Might be harder in E Texas since you may be stuck with a single tax office in your county. Probably easier here in the shadow of Houston.

Yeah I have only one office and the ones in between cities are nit picky and only want to title If you reside in it tried palestine, and limestone county

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land.

Register in the county where you purchased, take seller with you to the tax collectors office? Stick an old trailer tag on it and forget it?

Weighing in Texas is a new requirement I have heard from others when titling. A trailer this GVW does not have a title.

Good luck, and welcome!

dr3d

Yeah I have only one office and the ones in between cities are nit picky and only want to title If you reside in it tried palestine, and limestone county
To be fair, I have a lock on all my small trailer couplers 'cause the home built tactic I shared makes it very easy for someone to claim my trailers without my consent leaving me to review video and find'm and the trailers myself.

Ask me how I know the police don't want to be bothered tracking thieves down even when gifted an HD image of them staring at a camera.

Sorry I didn't get to you before they got to know you at your tax office. And it would be irresponsible of me to suggest removing a data plate since that's a no, no too.

I'm guessing you don't have a wife that could go to the tax office to register that home built trailer for you? Mine wouldn't be able to stick to the script. And ... it won't work if they saw pics at your tax office.

@hike 's advice is solid. Get it weighed at a certified scale. Don't mention a VIN- except to report you did not put a vin on your home build. Shave and wear your Sunday best. Expect they will remember you anyway, but when armed with a certified scale report that is not tied to a VIN ... maybe. The person you talked to must have a day off eventually.

Last edited:

Corvenik

To be fair, I have a lock on all my small trailer couplers 'cause the home built tactic I shared makes it very easy for someone to claim my trailers without my consent leaving me to review video and find'm and the trailers myself.

Ask me how I know the police don't want to be bothered tracking thieves down even when gifted an HD image of them staring at a camera.

Sorry I didn't get to you before they got to know you at your tax office. And it would be irresponsible of me to suggest removing a data plate since that's a no, no too.

I'm guessing you don't have a wife that could go to the tax office to register that home built trailer for you? Mine wouldn't be able to stick to the script. And ... it won't work if they saw pics at your tax office.

@hike 's advice is solid. Get it weighed at a certified scale. Don't mention a VIN- except to report you did not put a vin on your home build. Shave and wear your Sunday best. Expect they will remember you anyway, but when armed with a certified scale report that is not tied to a VIN ... maybe. The person you talked to must have a day off eventually.

Haha I tried to go back to palestine and they wanted me to scale it and that would be it (different girl) got it scaled and then they said again because it was never registered or titled previously I needed to get it inspected and get a bonded title.

Fast forward to Monday I went to Tyler got it inspected got approved by the inspector, drove to Waco to drop off paperwork and pics (they didn't even ask about the pictures) gave me the paperwork told me I needed a surety bond , got a surety bond went back to palestine almost before they stopped doing titles got everything done wasted about 400 ish dollars on that day lol for all that . And then a dude next to me was getting his trailer registered had it weighed but same situation no title or prior registration and they gave his ass everything np I was pissed but I already was like whatever I got my shit done . So oof thank you all for the advice :) and can't wait to keep browsing the forums for potential future mods or such