• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

high idle when started

jeepoyta

Awhile back i blew a head gasket. So long story short. I put on 6.5 heads with cometic head gaskets and arp studs. Now when i finally got it started again. It starts and the rpm goes through the roof. I have done alot of searching and didn't come up with any real answers. Then i was told it was the ip. So i got another and started to put it on when i found a bunch of oil in the blow by tube.(i don't know if it is called that.) I just can't figure out what is going on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Barrman

Oil in the CDR tubing is normal. Did you by chance have that hooked directly to the intake without the CDR valve?

What about the throttle return spring on the throttle mechanism?

Otherwise, the advice you got of the IP being bad is pretty much the only source of fuel left to cause the engine to run away. What is running away or just running fast? Did you try to turn down the idle? A little adjustment goes a very long way with these engines.

m38inmaine

Check the adjustment on the cold start solenoid, back the screw out so it just touches then try it and screw in as needed.

Chaski

What do you mean by "RPM goes through the roof"

Is it a really high idle?

Is it running all the way up to full governered speed?

Is it running faster than governered speed?

How do you shut it off?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks