• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Speed 10 ply E Rated Tires?

stkcode

Has anyone found any small (6.50/7.50) 10 ply tires that are rated for high speed? High speed as in 35 to 55 mph.

I've been trying to find replacement tires for my beat up Vietnam era military dolly. It use to be a power plant of some sort until someone gutted the generator and the sheet metal. Now, it's just a dolly, with fork lift pockets and a fuel tank mounted underneath.

I just bought 4 Solideal zzrib 6.50-10 tires with tubes, which my tire shop said they are high speed. They are used on GSE tractors at air ports. Well, on the side it says 15 mph max. :-? This is a tad short of high speed imo. I was thinking more like 55 mph or at least 50 mph. I'm thinking about taking them back.

Thanks!

Last edited:

stkcode

I took them back yesterday. It wasn't a mistake. They wanted to sell me tires and they did. I guess they figured I wouldn't notice the max speed limit on the sidewall. I'm gonna change the rims to tubeless and go with something like Chief_919 posted. Smaller F rated tires on a 10" rim will get me a little over my max payload weight. It's high speed and DOT.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks