• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Highway mode drive wheel?

JMFarms

Lost the drivers side front cv joint. Pulled the split shaft out and figured I'd keep using the truck until a new cv got here. Figured the truck in normal drive mode drives off a rear wheel. With the shaft out of the truck it won't move unless the manual driveline lock is engaged to the first setting or more. This is with the ctis turned off. Don't want to do damage to a transfer case and am limited to 30 mph in this mode. Do these trucks normally operate with front wheel drive or do I have an issue with a solenoid or air valve? Thanks for the help.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
These trucks, afaik, will automatically move power around to the wheels, and running with a locker engaged on the street is real hard on the driveline. My intermediate locker solenoid is dead electronically and causes my truck to act a fool if I flex 6” going in my driveway off angled spinning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacMac2012

They are 'AWD' like the FMTV trucks. 30/70 split front/rear unless you lock it in which makes it 50/50. So no, you can't drive with any piece of the puzzle missing unless you 'lock' it in as you found out, which does limit the speed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks