• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HILL AFB

jason@snakeriver

Returned today from Hill AFB in Utah where we picked up 4 ammo trailers.
We had a very good experience. Did not talk to the female supervisor, but a young man helped us very nicely, grabbing the forklift and hooking the trailers up and even going back to the shed for some tools that we needed.
I see that they farmed out base security to a private firm who acted like they knew what they were doing. They went through everything, however they missed the 3 military smoke grenades and numerous knifes that I keep with all my stuff for the sheriff's office S&R. :lol: I did however leave my M1911-A1 at home to be nice. :p Tom @ Snake River

BillIdaho

A fellow deputy and I dropped off a DRMO helicopter we had at Hill AFB. We were in civilian clothes, but had our badges and id's on (in plain view). They had us open up everything (hood, coolers, etc) before we went inside the guardshack with our DRMO paperwork. They took about 10-15 minutes going through things, including the helicopter on the trailer.
After all that, when they saw the military ID card my partner had, they said " if we had known and seen that, you guys could have been waved right in...." Go figure.
Good people there. If anyone is in the area, go to the museum! Plan on all day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks