• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HIMARS cabs sold today

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting items, sold in the $3000 range. Looks like a standard FMTV cab with lots of extras. What could someone do with this? I was thinking mount on a civi forward control chassis and make a movie rental out of it. But I refrained from bidding.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid when they were down in the $400 range. I thought of mocking one up facing backwards on a M105 frame (they were listed at 2500lbs) and towing it to shows or living history events so the kids could play around in them. Nice idea but $3k is a little out of my range for a toy for other folks kids.

KsM715

I was going to set one at the end of my driveway for the kids to sit in while waiting for the school bus. Notice I said was, once it went past my max ($150) I was out.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Those cabs were designed to withstand the backblast of a missile being launched off the vehicle....that's why the slats are on the front....they were closed during the launch.

Would have looked cool on a bobbed deuce or 5 ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks