• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Historical find....WW1 Army 1917 machine Gun carts

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well...unable to post photo's...too large for the file to accept. Any help here...? When hitting the 'attach files' and double-tap photo,it loaded and then said 'too large'.
That hasn't happened to me for a long time........I've been saving pics to 'desktop' first, then "attach file" from desktop and it's worked every time....

Try again, maybe the wind was blowing wrong in the wires.

Both Grandad and Uncle Ralph served in WW1 so the story is being shared with my 91 yr. old mother. Appreciate the time for pics.

I'm not sure this will help but it's the tutorial. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures-a-tutorial.59917/page-4

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gentlemen....been awhile since I've posted anything on STEELSOLDIERS. It's a trying time during this covid-19 thing and have limited time to do anything else at my reloading business. However...was able to assemble an entire U.S. Army WW1 1917 Machine Gun Cart Co. for a photo shoot in late Nov 2019. Had, since 2015, accumulated,built,restored 30-1917 carts...18-original and 12-built from scratch. 14-gun carts,13-ammo carts and 3-spare gun carts.

A WW1 Machine Gun Cart Co. consisted of 12-gun,12-ammo and 2-spare gun carts. It took 7-guys 6-hrs to assemble,push,pull and position these 26-carts for the shoot....and then to return them to my barn. First group of photo's was to position them in-lager...or at-rest position during an encampment. Second set of photo's was as the Co. would be on-the-move on a gravel road in France. Over 200-photo's taken by 3-camera buffs...can't do them all here.

Hope my ability to post properly will enable those of us who enjoy the study of the historical aspects of WW1...especially of the American Expeditionary Forces...to be rewarded. Little is written about the U.S. Army Machine Gun Cart Co's. But a book written by a retired Army Col....'A Withering Fire' is all about this aspect of them.

Well...unable to post photo's...too large for the file to accept. Any help here...? When hitting the 'attach files' and double-tap photo,it loaded and then said 'too large'.
You may have to save a copy of them in a reduced resolution (same physical size, but saved in JPEG format with compression). If you do not have the software to do it, PM (start a conversation) me and we can discuss a way off-line.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
L999here sent me six of the files, the smallest being over 8MB, and they are 5184 x 3888 pixels - that does not fit on our pages very well. I'm shrinking them to 1280 x 960 and will try to post.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks