• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hiw high is your oil Preasure

jfnemt1ff1

How high is your oil Preasure

OK I have been having problems with the oil preasure gauge. I installed a remote gauge under the hood to check on it the lowest I seen it get at idle was 50 psi. Today I installed an aftermarket in place of the stock. Took it out for a ride and oil presure runs at about 90psi at 2600 rpm at 55 mph. Seems a little high to me.
John

Last edited:

jblack6527

Hmm, I too would like to see pics of those. The oil pressure in my truck has read 120 PSI since I bought it. I always just assumed that I had the wrong sender for the gauge, never really messed with it. I've put a little over 2,000 miles on it that way, so I guess it's nothing horribly bad.

toddm

I had trouble with the stock gauge, so I replaced it with a new 120psi sender and 120psi gauge and it worked well for over a year them it went haywire again. So I installed a manual pressure gauge, I have 55 or so psi at start and 50 when it is running down the highway.