• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm,something fishy here

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FreightTrain said:
yep,trucks were at Campbell.I bid on several.You must have outbid me.I wanted that one with the civy tires,the one with a good bed but no cab and the one with basically nothing but a bumper,cab tub, and winch extenders.Said it was over 500 4 minutes before closing but when I checked the day after final sale price was $250 give or take....same with the civy tire truck.1600 with a few minutes to go but sold for 1200 bucks......Guess the GL shill bidders ran the price up too much and they removed the bids after the fact and dropped the price down to the next legit bid.....
I bid $1200 on that truck but I didn't win it :? . I also bid $500 on the trucks with no front axles and didn't win. I wonder if they are posting the final prices wrong or if that is really what they sold for. If that's really what they sold for me and GL have a big problem :x . I wish Robyn would chime in and tell what the problem is.

There's a guy down the road from me thats been buying a bunch of stuff out of Ft. Campbell lately. I know he was bidding on the trucks in question also. I'll try and stop by and see if he was the high bidder on any of them.

Here are my bids-
Event 6735
lot 4208 $1200 (truck with civy tires)
lot 4211 $600 (truck missing front end)
lot 4202 $400 (truck missing front end and part of rear end)
lot 4209 $500 (truck missing front end)
I wasn't the winner on any of these lots

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, It happened again last night! Last night it(GL) showed I had been outbid on all the Items I was bidding on. This morning I have an E-mail showing that I won a deuce(darn my luck)! My closed watch list is blank, but my bid history shows. The wife says to make it into a "bobbed deuce". Hmm, I don't have one of those yet! I guess I better start shopping for a set of front springs and hangers. Says its a runner!

Attachments

LanceRobson

Eric, If that's the truck I think it is, Ed and I looked at that truck.

From my notes, it ran, seemed to have a relatively recent re-power job, had pretty good rubber, turbo and an air shift front end. I think you've got a great candidate for a bob-job!

Happy motoring..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info Lance! I did not look it over, just bid(was kinda cheap). I was thinking parts truck but if its a good runner, I'll do something worthwhile with it. Wife has been wanting a bobbed softop(summer ride!). I like 10 wheels, we'll see!

LanceRobson

Eric, If my brain cell recalls correctly, that one also has a fair amount of the BII in the toolbox. I'm not near my notes right now.

Ed K. just bought a winch truck in that same sale last night. I hope they keep sending stuff to Drum. It's 110 miles closer than the next closest place, Picitinny.

Lance

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Regarding those items that you see listed on more than 1 occasion. I was advised by a GL rep that either people do not pay, or their EUC was denied, therefore they show up again on auction.
As for auditing GL performance I believe the Defense Logistics contracting office in Battle Creek would be the place to start. This was according to my contact at Whitle Sands Missle Range.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks