• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv 8 bolt Bias ply split rim worth

rowdybowdy

Hey All, im new to the forum, and this is my first post. I have picked up a set of 5 8 bolt Split rims in Really good shape. and mounted with Bias play tires 90% tread or better 2 of them looks like they were never used.

Any Idea on what these are worth? IM trying to save up for a bobbed Deuce.?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worth, whatever you paid, if you wanted them or need them.

They are not strong enough for a bobbed deuce.

rowdybowdy

Worth, whatever you paid, if you wanted them or need them.

They are not strong enough for a bobbed deuce.

Im Not putting them on a Bobbed Deuce, Im trying to sell them to acquire money for the Bobbed deuce.

So is there a dollar amount in which these tires are worth?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh! well, I haven't priced 8 bolt rims or bias tires lately, sorry,no help there.

original

I have bought these tires from $15-$40 with 85-95% tread. If the tread is 80% or more, I wouldn't take any less than $30 each. The rims should sell for no less than $25 each. Although if they are in great condition, I would price at $45 each. It's just a matter of finding a person in need.

Last edited:

rowdybowdy

How come i can never find tires from 15-40 Where are you looking?

I got mine from my unit they were going to Send them away So i Picked them up...

With a Good price of Free

Josh

post of a pic of the tires. There are multipul tread patterns. Some are worth less then others. Bias tend to be worth less then radials also.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll give you what you paid for them!

original

I've got four sets in the basement (90%+). I've got connections with the old men at the morning coffee resteraunt. Get to know them, ask them to keep an eye out. Next thing you know they've all got tires layed out everywhere.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
8 bolts maybe scrap price. No HMMWV guys will want them. maybe worth something to the cucv guys.

ODdave

If they where 12 bolts i would be all over them, The guys tend to stay away from them because they are considered the "least safe" rim of this style. they are only for the byas tires and this also makes them less desirable. You should probly just hang on to them. If you do a search on them you will find out about the "stud breakage"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks