• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV bypass oil filter plumbing

rcamacho

I'm looking to install a Frantz filter that I have languishing in the garage. Looking for suggestions on how to plumb the pressure feed and return feed.
For the pressure side I have been looking at installing a Tee in line between the oil pressure sender. However, I would prefer a dedicated connection elsewhere on the block or oil cooler.
For the return side, looks like I'll need to tap into the oil filler assembly or a dedicated fitting on the oil pan or valve cover. I've not seen a low pressure return elsewhere.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks