• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Grote LEd lights don't fit housings

Hollywuds

Maybe this has been covered, but I can't find it. I bought some Grote LED front turn signals. The top and both bottom holes line up, but not the other 2. Does anybody know which brand housings that I need?

papakb

The headlight buckets are standard military pattern and mount on 3 rubber anti-vibration mounts. The inner headlight carrier is mounted on 3 spring brackets so they can be aligned and the front retaining ring is also a 3 hole mount but be aware, they aren't equally spaced and will only fit oriented one way.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grote uses a specific bucket for their LED turnsignals that has a different hole pattern than standard buckets. Their LED taillights use standard buckets. The Grote turnsignal buckets are plastic and are a bit difficult to find. They'll say "Grote" on the back and mention "10-34v".

This is what is partially visible on the back of my Grote buckets while mounted on an M923. I bought the lights with buckets but it took months to find another pair of buckets for spares.

20171206_183513.jpg

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original cast metal ones worked for me with Grote. You just need to find the older metal ones instead of the stock plastic unless they are the specific Grote or Truck lite ones.
That's interesting because the original buckets on my truck were metal and were wrong. I also tried another metal set that came off a Husky route clearance vehicle thinking that they would be newer. They were also wrong. I would much prefer metal buckets...

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's interesting because the original buckets on my truck were metal and were wrong. I also tried another metal set that came off a Husky route clearance vehicle thinking that they would be newer. They were also wrong. I would much prefer metal buckets...
Let me see if I can find a part number. Mine came with metal buckets and metal frame lens. It was bolt on for me.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There has been so much to this, so many different threads, someone needs to create a sticky. One of those tl;dr things to me almost. I've seen that you have to replace the turn signal bulb with an LED as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks