• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Heater fan/blower not working

cucvegas

Is there a trouble shooting section in the TM for the heater fan/blower, and if so could you tell me which manual and page number? I've been searching the TM's as well as the forums, and can't find it.

When I toggle the heater fan switch to high or low nothing happens. I suspect it is a ground issue, but I would prefer to follow the trouble shooting so I diagnose the real problem.

Thanks!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at your volt meter at the same time. My start box sometimes works right (glow plugs, accessory power and alternator excited) and sometimes doesn't. I notice that when my blower won't come on at start my alternator also isn't charging. I have installed the 5 leg additional grounding harness and that has reduced the problem but not eliminated it. I just cycle it til the blower comes in for now.