• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV radio footswitch

papakb

The HMMWV is notoriously loud inside and even with the LS-671 speaker you can barely understand what's being said. It works better as an annunciator to let you know someone is calling you. Recently I switched to a really comfortable General Dynamics single earpiece headset I bought off of Ebay but it still needs a free hand to operate the PTT switch in the bailout cable. To get away from that I mounted a waterproof push switch on a 1/4" aluminum plate and mounted it to the headlight dimmer bracket and interfaced it to the radio with one of the Harris CW interface "Y" cables currently available on the internet. The result is an easy to use, hands free radio actuator. Unfortunately this won't work with the H-189 or H-250 handsets because their PTT switch also connects the mic where the GD headset doesn't have an inline switch in the PTT circuit.

Harris footswitch interface.jpg

Radio footswitch.jpg

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks