• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Replacement Batteries

Action

I had a pair of Deka 6TL (6TMF) for about 6 years. Then a cell died in each one. I think the cheap O'reilly 6TL (6TMF) have 2 years on them now.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've mentioned it in a couple other battery threads (how many are we up to now?) but I did these batteries in mine about 1.5 years ago and extremely happy with them so far.

Listed for $310 each, they're approximately 2/3 the capacity, reserve, and CCA of the 6TAGMs at half the price. I don't run any electronics in my truck so having a huge reserve doesn't matter to me.

AGM battery, brass posts, 5 year full replacement warranty (only 4 years if purchased straight from manufacturer) by one of the U.S. battery manufacturers with the highest reputation, NorthStar. (Odyssey being the other)

if you order online and go into the store to pick them up you get a 10% discount (or you can just ask them for it at the counter, they might grumble slightly but always give it to me)

For comparison:
._________6TAGM .___vs ___ X2 24AGM
CCA :____1225 _.____ vs ___840
Capacity 120AH ____vs ___77AH
Reserve 240 min ___vs ___160 min

The original 6T flooded cell batteries only had a 725CCA rating for comparison's sake.

a123f4f5dd8e3adf5c286ad751292544eb0d428b-2.jpg

Last edited:

Havick206

I've mentioned it in a couple other battery threads (how many are we up to now?) but I did these batteries in mine about 1.5 years ago and extremely happy with them so far.

Listed for $310 each, they're approximately 2/3 the capacity, reserve, and CCA of the 6TAGMs at half the price. I don't run any electronics in my truck so having a huge reserve doesn't matter to me.

AGM battery, brass posts, 5 year full replacement warranty (only 4 years if purchased straight from manufacturer) by one of the U.S. battery manufacturers with the highest reputation, NorthStar. (Odyssey being the other)

if you order online and go into the store to pick them up you get a 10% discount (or you can just ask them for it at the counter, they might grumble slightly but always give it to me)

For comparison:
._________6TAGM .___vs ___ X2 24AGM
CCA :____1225 _.____ vs ___840
Capacity 120AH ____vs ___77AH
Reserve 240 min ___vs ___160 min

The original 6T flooded cell batteries only had a 725CCA rating for comparison's sake.

View attachment 824836
Awesome info

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks