• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV serial/vin #

Valor

I don't own a hmmwv but someday I might. Was wondering if the serial and vin numbers were only located on a rivited plate located on the outside of the vehicle or other places. Is there only one place with those numbers or someplace else like on the frame? Thank you for any info.

Jinx

Buy me a Coke
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The serial number is only stamped on the data plate. Most of the time the data plate is in the door jamb, but depending on the series of truck, they can be elsewhere. My M1114 has the data plate mounted to the driver's side of the dashboard.

Valor

The serial number is only stamped on the data plate. Most of the time the data plate is in the door jamb, but depending on the series of truck, they can be elsewhere. My M1114 has the data plate mounted to the driver's side of the dashboard.
Thanks for the reply Jinx. Now I know. That little aluminum plate is very important!