• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Snow Plow

denisek5935

I have the Army engineers fact sheet on this item. This is no k=joke. The military, now has an NSN for this item and has been ordered, by a reserve unit in Ohio. They are going to contact me when they get it in. I also tried to submit it the information fact sheet, to tech articles, but it has a hold on it. Have ya'll seen the new spare tire carrier for the HMMWV?

mangus580

E22.... I agree. I went up to Ft Drum in 2003 to get my M35, and saw multiple HMMWV's with the plows on them. Maybe next time I go up (next week or so) I can get some nice pics for everyone to enjoy!!

mangus580

Here is a couple of pictures from their site....

denisek5935 said:
I have the Army engineers fact sheet on this item. This is no k=joke. The military, now has an NSN for this item and has been ordered, by a reserve unit in Ohio. They are going to contact me when they get it in. I also tried to submit it the information fact sheet, to tech articles, but it has a hold on it.
I added the images here, as I didnt feel that it was really tech article material.

I will upload the PS Mag pages later from the latest PSmag

Attachments

denisek5935

Hey that's cool. I did not see that, before, in the PS. Usually when I am sitting on the pot I thumb through. I must have hiccuped and missed it.

Heavyopp

I actually owned a 93 civy hummer and built a totally removable plow frame for it. I since sold the truck but still have the plow frame. It was based on the Meyers pump and plow blade setup. I'll sell it if anyone is interested. I'm in NJ and you could see it in person if you wish.

Here is a pic. I never took any with it mounted.

Attachments

fuddermukker

I work for the Company that makes the plow mounts for the military. Not only do we make them for HHMV but also for the LMTV. I do have pics of the LMTVwith a plow. They are not on our website but can be posted if interested. As I do not check this site often replying to my e-mail would be the easiest way to get them.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, but wanted to update the PS magazine link posted earlier.
They changed where/how the articles are posted, so the old link is no good.
Here is a current/functional link

Also linked the PDF page that the link goes to, and changed the article into a jpeg so it can just be viewed on here without having to go anywhere else.

snow plow PS Mag 588-06.jpg

EDIT: This is the reason why it is preferred to always post images themselves, rather than links to images on other pages. The internet is ever changing, so if someone tries to read a thread 5-10 years from now, if the information isn't embedded into the post, it may not be there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mk23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this is an old thread, but wanted to update the PS magazine link posted earlier.
They changed where/how the articles are posted, so the old link is no good.
Here is a current/functional link

EDIT: This is the reason why it is preferred to always post images themselves, rather than links to images on other pages. The internet is ever changing, so if someone tries to read a thread 5-10 years from now, if the information isn't embedded into the post, it may not be there.
Any idea on the cost of these plow kits from Arrowhead? I mean, I know I can call, but I was just looking for an approximate range

Blur715

Working on and upgrading my 1097r1 .
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the specific one for the Hmmwv? What are you asking for it?
Yes it is the specific one for a Hmmwv . Arrowhead/Fisher HD 8’ plow minute mount 2 . All parts plow side . You would need the truck side wiring kit . I called fisher parts department and they have it . It integrates in to the 24v system . I don’t think the plow has been used , the mount has been mounted .

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks