• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Spot light power source?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check post #42

INFChief

I made a power cable for work lights / spot lights on my 1083. I made a 35’ and a 40’ power cable. The work lights / spot lights I used are:
Military Work lamps 24 volt. NSN 6230-01-228-9577. P/N 1497550.
I plugged the power cable in to the 12 volt rotating amber warning light connector on the back of the cab. I replaced the 24 volt bulbs with 12 volt bulbs. You can buy a receptacle and wire it & mount it anywhere you like and plug your light connector in to it. I cannot see the Amphenol type connector on your work light but you can match up the receptacle end using that #. Here’s a list of material I used for the work lights I had:
1) Amphenol connector 97-3101A-12S-3S. This connector plugs in to the end of the work light.
2) Back shell clamp 97-3057-1004-1.
3) Amphenol protective cap (to keep dirt & debris out of the power cord when not in use. 10-825915-012.
4) Power cable 16/2 SJTOOW. I used 35’ and 40’. You can make your power cord as long or short as you want.
You could wire your power cable to a 12 or 24 volt source depending on what bulbs you want to use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks