• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's needed for work after hurricane

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the 40 years I worked for a gas pipeline transmission company I volunteered for every storm that hit the Gulf, from Alabama to TX
The company would send in mostly volunteers to put the company facilities back together and operate the pipeline while the local employees were allowed to stay home and take care of their families.
It is a miserable job, everything is wet and moldy, no power, no food, no facilities, the only place to sleep is in the co. truck and you don't get to sleep anyway as you spend the entire time going from one facility to the next, sourcing fuel and even tires because hurricanes are hell on tires with debris everywhere ,there are mosquitos by the hundreds of billions.
You would think that tires would not be an issue after the roads were cleared but no, as soon as the storm is over everyone starts hauling the debris off using everything from dump trucks to good ol low boys and they drop crap all over the roads.
Ah good times, almost makes me want to volunteer, almost ;)