• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holes at rear of shell above antennae mounts.

bdc

Hi, I searched for this on forums and couldn't find anything so if this is in the wrong place, my apologies. I have a quarter sized hole in the fiberglass roof, just above where the antenna mounts are on both sides of my m1009. I believe this is where the wires from the antennae went into the vehicle. I was wondering if there are OEM plugs that fit this or if anyone else has this issue. Sure will let lots of water in when it rains. If anyone has info about how to seal these off, I would greatly appreciate it.aua

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a rubber grommet for the cable. If you cant get a used one, try mcmaster-carr.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I used long strand fiberglass or "kitty hair". It's sorta like bondo, except it won;t absorb water & is a whole lot tougher. Any decent auto-body paint store will either have it, or know what you're talking about & order you a quart. JOHN

67_C-30

I cheated!;) I made plugs out of delrin to match the shape of the original rubber plugs on a CNC lathe. When I paint them, they'll look just like the originals. I pressed one on the outside and inside so it appears that it is the actually rubber plug.

The first pic is the original plugs that were painted at some point, and the white ones are the ones I made.

Attachments

scoutmanadam

looks great. i especially like how you took the time to make it look original. if you dont have an original replacement or the equipment to make something up, that fiberglass patch stuff junkyardjohn talked about is great stuff and easy to use

RoboGaJr

I used bolts and a big washer. Painted it black and works for now. I will replace it with something that looks better when I can find it. Lots of good ideas here!

BobMassive

I used bolts and a big washer too except I combined a metal and a neoprene washer. It wont leak and i can remove it later as I plan to run a solar panel up to the roof. At that point there will be a plastic electrical box covering it.