• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home made rims

ranchhopper

I was going through various auction sites today just getting an average price of what certain trucks were bringing nowdays and came across this. Im not trying to bash anyones modifications or fab work here but does this wheel look a bit unsafe or is my depth perception getting bad but the center of this wheel looks real THIN.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Thats a standard pickup truck wheel center they knocked the rivits out around the perimeter and welded it to a wheel can you imagine sliding into a curb on a rain slick road with those beauties.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen those wheels before on chuckstrucks. They're made by a company specializing in mud trucks. They're really for trucks with 2.5t rockwells under them. Not a deuce!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tire is a 1600R20 and the wheel flange doesn't even come close to securing the bead of the tire. Scary at best under any vehicle.

amaverick88

scary at best those rims are. yes i have done some iffy things on vehicles but they were off highway vehicles until i could get it done correctly.

KsM715

I've seen those wheels before on chuckstrucks. They're made by a company specializing in mud trucks. They're really for trucks with 2.5t rockwells under them. Not a deuce!
:ditto: Those were built for light weight mud/rockcrawlers that have rockwells under them. You'd have to be a complete idiot to put them under a 13,000 pound deuce. :roll: (some peoples kids :-?, what can you do about them)

RealCavDog

Scary !

If you don't have the time and money to do it right the first time, when will you ever find the time and money to do it over again ? !

If you don't kill yourself or somebody first ! :roll:

tm america

interesting?Yes they look thin and the bead is the wrong one for those tires .. Those beads are for the 14.5s . but two things i want to point out is the bends make it a little stronger but i wouldn't be running them on a deuce.. second one piece wheels i would like to get ahold of some of those outers to make me some for my truck.. i would be using 1/4 inch for the centers:grd:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.......... second one piece wheels i would like to get ahold of some of those outers to make me some for my truck.. i would be using 1/4 inch for the centers:grd:
You can buy 20x11 (MPT) shells (GKN USA, W11-20, 2145195) here: Long's Wheel & Rim, Jacksonville, FL
Contact Roger Brodt, 904 757 3710
www.longswheel.com

... and weld-in your own Deuce wheel centers. Definitely much stronger than what a flat 1/4" steel center plate would be.

PM me if you want details/pics/drawings.

G.

unclemikey

Not to add to the problems, but in pic two it looks like a retread is starting to fail. Don't know, it is just a pic. Anyway it is not the best of ideas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks