• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Honoring Veterans @ Oregon State Fare

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
I had my M3A1 Stuart tank on display @ Oregon State Fare this weekend. They were honoring Veterans of all wars today. They had a USO show with Elvis Prestly, The Lennon Sisters and Marilyn Monroe! :shock:I spoke with several Veterans who really appreciated seeing an old WWII tank on display. It was nice to see several WWII Veterans enjoying the Fare. A couple of very interesting Vets who just happened to both be 1st Cav. Veteran tankers many years ago stopped to talk. The first Vet served in both the Korean War and Vietnam. He started out with M47's and M48's and later had M60's. The second served in Vietnam mainly with M60's.
Steve 8)

Last edited:

boomer

Hi Steve,
Thanks for posting, and the photo's! It's always a great feeling, meeting and talking with (other) vets, and hearing their stories. Relating to some. Nice photo of the 1st vet, with the Cav hat, and the Americal patch.
How are your other m.v.'s ?
I hope to see you at a future MVPA Convention. Boomer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks