• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood/Frame number search

Pawnshop

My data plates are missing so I don't know who built my truck and when, but I did find the frame number and I have a number painted on the inside of each door on the access cover.

the door number is : 4D5970
frame number: 0325 30313

The frame number is very lightly stamped but I am pretty sure I got it right.

LibertyDeuce

Pawnshop
Consider the following, you just may have a 1968 MV-->

"Lot Numbers.

The term “lot number” will be used to describe the first two digits of the VIN.

“03” lot designator appeared in 1968, as denoted by the registration number (04A46468) of the earliest known “03” truck (sequence number 10011). By sequence number 10703, the registration numbers had reached 04E11869. This truck was likely produced at the very end of 1968, as a handful of trucks with lower sequence numbers were assigned 1968 registration numbers. Remember, at this point in time, the registration numbers were applied to the trucks after they were built and inspected, not as they rolled off the assembly line."

This is taken from an article written by David Doyle (DDoyle), an authoritative SS member on this matter. The following is the link so that you may read the article iin full.

www.militaryvehiclesmagazine.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2032&articleid=5745&articlemid=5656#5656Articles

Josh

:beer:

Pawnshop

I read that article but was confused by the apparent disagreement between the 03 batch code in the frame number and the 70 ending in the hood number, and the fact the hood number is not hyphenated like his article leads me to believe a 1970 produced truck would be, so I decided to get some opinions from the group!

LibertyDeuce

Pawnshop
The door number is missing a digit for a 1970 MV. Should have 5 numbers after the "D". The door number you posted appears valid for a 1968 MV

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LibertyDeuce said:
Pawnshop
Consider the following, you just may have a 1968 MV-->

"Lot Numbers.

The term “lot number” will be used to describe the first two digits of the VIN.

“03” lot designator appeared in 1968, as denoted by the registration number (04A46468) of the earliest known “03” truck (sequence number 10011). By sequence number 10703, the registration numbers had reached 04E11869. This truck was likely produced at the very end of 1968, as a handful of trucks with lower sequence numbers were assigned 1968 registration numbers. Remember, at this point in time, the registration numbers were applied to the trucks after they were built and inspected, not as they rolled off the assembly line."

This is taken from an article written by David Doyle (DDoyle), an authoritative SS member on this matter. The following is the link so that you may read the article iin full.

www.militaryvehiclesmagazine.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2032&articleid=5745&articlemid=5656#5656Articles

Josh

:beer:
Between 1968 and 1972 the last two numbers of the registration numbers is the year of the truck. If he gave the right numbers it's a 1970. No question about it.

You need to read more of the article. What I just mentioned is in there :wink: .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks