• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood hold downs

Loose Deuce

What is the proper name for the gismos on the front of the grill/hood that holds the hood down? I know it aint a hood latch, but I never heard any one talk about them. I have never saw where they are for sale when there is a parts list of Deuce parts either, unless i'm just too dumb. :blush: [complaining]
Who sells these things? I will probably call Saturn soon. :smilewinkgrin:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just compared the hood hold downs on my 86 jeep cj-7 and duece, basically identical except the duece hold down is bent at 90 deg at the bottom and the jeep is straight. You can probably get some aftermarket jeep hold downs and bend the ends in a vice.

Elwenil

Jc Whitney sells the ones made to mount to a vertical panel. You have to be careful with using the ones made for a CJ. They are not really long enough to make the 90 degree bend and still work right. I believe the ones on the Deuce are the same as the ones on my M-715. I have one original hold down and one I bent off a CJ. I had to move the mounting holes for the CJ mount up a little in order to get it to hook on the edge of the hood. The rod inside is the only part that is different, everything else was identical to what was on my 715 to begin with. You can make them work, but I had to move mine up a little and it will just barely hook.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts manuals refer to it as the FASTENER,CYLINDER SPRING: HOLD-DOWN
TOP PANEL. I call it a hood hold down. They are always on Ebay but almost always have the straight shaft like the jeep hood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks