• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood Insulation options?

Uechi

I'm planning on replacing the current under the hood insulation/pad its pretty nastylooking. I was wondering what suggestions you might have for a Chevy Blazer K5/M1009 diesel choice of materials. It is my understanding that the insulation is mostly for noise reduction. I was thinking of using Dynamat or similar material in place of the OEM fiber glass. The The diesel has a Banks Sidewinder Turbo installed and just want to make sure that the insulation won't cause any over heating. Thanks in advance for options and suggestions.

A lot of guys on SS have put in dynamat-type material with a new hood pad over the top of it with good results. This is on my list of things to do. I don't think you'd have any overheating issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks