• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn air valve sticking

Navy dude

My horn works ok other than the fact that the valve leaks enough to constantly actuate it. It is faint enough that it can be barely heard above the engine noise, just concerned if it fails any more I'll be driving down the road at full blast annoying everyone around. I pulled the valve assembly apart as much as I could, also got the NSN but not available anywhere I looked. I guess I'll just disconnect the air line to the horn, it doesn't seem like enough bleed to deplete a tank when running. The air supply comes in to a plenum that supplies the horn and another item but I can't tell what so that will have to remain but the line to the horn will have to be disconnected. Anyone else seeing an issue like this? Thanks!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Horn valves are nearly all the same in the manual type. Common commercial item. Mount it where or how you want. Run new lines if needed or extend em

I use these. They can be mounted anywhere easy with self tapping screws and hook your chain where you want. These work better than the types of horns where the valbe screws into the bottom of the horn with a piece of pipe to hold it stationary.

Most of us have broke that pipe. This allows you to run an air line to the horn and not worry about tearing it out of it

Disconnect the line at the valve. Use the same air fitting from the valve and cap the pipe thread end off. Leave the line in place

Navy dude

Horn valves are nearly all the same in the manual type. Common commercial item. Mount it where or how you want. Run new lines if needed or extend em

I use these. They can be mounted anywhere easy with self tapping screws and hook your chain where you want. These work better than the types of horns where the valbe screws into the bottom of the horn with a piece of pipe to hold it stationary.

Most of us have broke that pipe. This allows you to run an air line to the horn and not worry about tearing it out of it

Disconnect the line at the valve. Use the same air fitting from the valve and cap the pipe thread end off. Leave the line in place

Thanks for the rapid response! I was thinking that too.... like to keep things stock but since parts for these are going to be impossible to find in many cases going to have to improvise.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks