• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn button upgrade

Banshee365

Hey guy's, I'd like to get my horn working again. It's an old style and has a metal bell type piece that I think completes a cirtuit when pushed against a metal plate to fire the horns. Looks like one of the three rubber hold-downs is broke so there's no point in fixing the old style. I've seen some new style horn buttons and am wandering if the upgrade is fairly easy and what parts I need. I'd like a new wheel as mine is cracked all around the hub but I can wait for that. But I would like to get the horn working in case I lost brakes in traffic and such.

-Kelly

Attachments

devilman96

Kelly,

The circuit is completed by the ground being applied so keep that in mind while your tinkering, I think you will be hard pressed getting something to cram in there and "look" right... You can pull the wire and jump over to the dash with a button if you want but I think thats kinda hard to reach for in a "OS" situation.

Attachments

Banshee365

The bell piece had a warp in it from getting stepped on when the thing came apart but i spent some time and got it looking almost perfect again. How hard is the upgrade to install? Do you know if there is a spring or something under the bell, i'd figure there would be.

-Kelly

devilman96

Look in the TM section and down load the parts plus what ever other TM's you need (all of them?) for the truck, it has all of this stuff listed.

You can also ask around, I am sure someone here has a whole wheel assy for sale cheap???

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks