• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn circuit breaker

Tackettr

Why is there a circuit breaker on the horn? Most of the circuits on the duece don't have any protection, why the horn?

The reason I ask is, I want to include my duece in my annual Halloween Haunted Trail. I plan to have my 2 dueces, jeep, & trailers lined up with the trail between them, then have an IR motion sensor trigger the horn and lights on one of the dueces! :shock: :shock:

So to do this I want to wire a simple circuit direct from the battery to the lights and horn. This would bypass the circuit breaker on the horn. Will this cause me any problems??

Sorry about the wierd use of a duece. I like Halloween (Scaring kids, old & young) about as much as the OD fever!!! :D

PS: Horn will be getting it's air from a hidden air compressor hook to the glad hand.

bottleworks

Tackettr said:
So to do this I want to wire a simple circuit direct from the battery to the lights and horn. This would bypass the circuit breaker on the horn. Will this cause me any problems??
Circuit breakers are only "used" when there is excessive current. Don't short it and you are fine. But that is beside the point. You don't need to bypass any of it. The horn solenoid is always powered. It requires a ground provided to the solenoid to be activated. Have a relay control the ground of the solenoid. What voltage and amp rating can your IR sensor assembly handle? That will determine your relay specs.

Tackettr said:
PS: Horn will be getting it's air from a hidden air compressor hook to the glad hand.
There may be a check valve to prevent that. Someone with a diagram quickly available can confirm or deny that.

dm22630

Bottleworks said:
Tackettr said:
There may be a check valve to prevent that. Someone with a diagram quickly available can confirm or deny that.

As long as it is hooked to the EMERGENCY side it is a straight shot to the airtanks.....then when the horn is activated, it would take air directly out of the airtanks.

2cents

Tackettr

Excellent guys, thanks for the help! :D I have a "programable event timer" that I bought, It has the capability to be activated by a seperate circuit ("Motion Sensor) then it also has two seperate circuits it will activate once tripped. I will use one (Normally Off NO)with a positive charge to active the lights and the other with a (NO) negative circuit to activate the horn. That way CB is still in the mix. Just have to use the mutimeter to figure out which of the horn leads is the hot one since both are marked 25.

The air compressor will be on the emergency side, it doesn't take the pressure up to 120psi like the engine one does but that doesn't seem to matter. Horn blows loud even down to60-80 psi.

Thanks again for the help!!!! :D

Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks