• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

horn not working? Check your ground!

nickd

My horn started to have a mind of its own with respect to working when I mashed the button. I checked all the connections and looker for frayed wires. Pulled the button from the steering wheel and sanded the spring on both ends and polished up the face of the nut and now it works every time. So check your grounds before you replace parts!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good tip Nick. Also, if your truck has sat any time without a top on or has gone swimming up to the floorboards, check the contacts at the bottom of the steering column. When I got my M923A2 the button was gone and the driver's door was off, which allowed rain to go down inside the column. When I unbolted the contact cover on the bottom of the column, rusty water poured out. I cleaned everything up and got it working, now the problem is sometimes it comes on and won't shut off :) It may be the solenoid sticking now.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the exact same problem when I bought my duece. It had sat in the desert for quite some time. I found a broken wire but still didn't get any juice when I pressed the horn button. The PM said replace but when I took it apart, my screwdriver scraped a clean spot and the horn went off. AHA!