• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

horn problems

FreightTrain

Banned
Does anyone have a extra horn valve laying around?I lost the spring in mine when I took it apart a while back(removed the nonstock horn and the whole end piece unscrewed instead of the line fitting)Also,I am in need of a horn button kit if anyone has one laying around.Push comes to shove,anyone know what size spring the valve takes and/or the part number I would need from the parts house?

acetomatoco

I have some bits and pieces of the early style horn button kit...to wit the big rubber cover and probably the plastic 3 fingered doo dad etc.. let me know specifically what you want at rampartsllc@aol.com...

acetomatoco

I should have all or most of them...The horn button kit parts will surface when I unload my trailer at the next flea market, which may be as soon as next week in Hebron CT weather permitting...I have you in my mental order book....

FreightTrain

Banned
dang,That is the old kit.I need the new kit.THe one with the rubber surround and a small button in the center.......or will this kit fit the newer style wheel?

devilman96

Sure do. . . I'm on the road so posting a link is kinda a pain but check the lighting section, I have pretty much any light you could want for a MV.

jkelly66

I got one of those new button kits here. It isnt the same as the old button I had but simular in the old one there is only the big spring. And I am not exactly sure in what order the parts go in so I thought before I go make a mess of things I should see if anyone can help. It is the exact kit that Devilman has on his sight.
Thanks John

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When working with the assembly, make sure all brass and contact parts are free of dirt and oxidation, like I mentioned in another post, the horn button parts are very non-military in nature.
FWIW, I have two horns, one air and one electrical on the 757 and I'll be adding a separate, military type switch for the air horn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks